Identity theft in SA booming


What is Identity Theft?

Identity theft is a common problem throughout the world and South Africa is no exception. Identity theft is defined as getting access to personal or financial information of persons for the purpose of assuming a persons identity to make fraudulent purchases or other transactions on the assumed persons name.

Identity theft can be committed in many ways. A few examples are; looking through bins for any bank account or credit card statements or accessing company databases in order to steal a list of stored customer information.

Read More

How to create a dispute with Experian


Experian LogoHaving inaccurate information on your credit report, particularly negative information can seriously affect your ability to obtain credit when purchasing a home or financing a vehicle.

If you believe there is incorrect information on your credit report you can log a dispute.

My Credit Status uses data from Experian so if you see any errors on your credit report that you received from us then you can certainly log a dispute with Experian to get them removed.

Read More

5 Reasons You Need Legal Assistance With Creditors


Are you or do you know of anyone who is:

  • Struggling to meet your monthly debt repayments?
  • Getting calls from pesky credit providers demanding money?
  • Trying to get rid of negative items on their credit reports?

If you do, then you you are not alone…

Read More

What type of debts affect your credit score and how?


The simple answer is all debt…

Unless you borrow money from a friend or relative, all and any debt will appear on the records of the debt review companies. Put another way, any loan, credit or finance through a registered financial service provider or registered credit grantor will affect your credit score.

They will able to track the details of all loans or credit purchases. They will have aces to open balances, current installments, payment history and total debt.

Read More

Personal Loan Repayment Calculator


Want to get a personal loan but you aren't sure what your monthly payment would be? Use this calculator below to find out what your monthly payments will be.

How to use this calculator:

Enter the loan amount and the interest rate in the form below. For a personal loan in South Africa, the maximum interest rate a lender is allowed to charge is 28%. Some will charge less but you can use this as a base if you are unsure. Lastly, enter the amount of months that you want to repay the loan on and click on calculate.

Read More

Life Insurance Calculator


Do you care for your family? Make sure that they are financially provided for if anything has to happen to you by getting enough life cover.

How to use this calculator:

To determine how much your living expenses and your current family lifestyle is, it's advised that you do a proper budget first. Once you have this information, simply enter the values in the form below and click on calculator to see how much your family will need.

Read More

Credit Card Repayment Calculator


Did you know that the average debt per household with at least one credit card is 75% of the household expenses? 

Not knowing how much you will pay towards your credit card repayments can be devastating to your finances. Use this free credit card repayment calculator to determine how much you will actually pay if you make any credit card debt.

Read More

Retirement Calculator


Did you know that only 6% of South African citizens can retire comfortably? Make sure you don't make the same mistake as the other 94%.

Use our free retirement calculator below to see how much money you need to put away to live comfortably in your old age.

Read More

Tax Calculator


Use our 2018 income tax calculator to calculate how much tax you will be paying on your income.

How to use this calculator

To see how much you will be paying based on your monthly salary, enter your age and your monthly salary. This will show you the basic take home salary and tax amount. If you want to see an accurate amount, use all the fields provided in the calculator. You can deduct certain items such as retirement funds and medical expenses but they are all optional.

Read More

Becoming A Millionaire Calculator


Want to find out how long it will take you to save for your first million rand? This calculator will show you how long it will take you to reach your first million rand.

How to use this calculator?

Enter the initial investment - this can be any fixed lump sum that you have saved up for. Then you need to enter the monthly deposit that you can allocate towards your savings. 

When it comes to the interest rate you can expect to earn, you need to be realistic as possible. To give you an example, over the last 10 years, the average return on the South African stock market was 10.5% with an average inflation of 6.05%.

Read More


Categories

Latest Post