MyCreditStatus.Co.Za is committed to conducting its operations in an ethical manner and in compliance with all applicable Laws and association / industry policy directives and guidelines. We adhere to a strict policy that describes how personal data must be collected, handled and stored to meet the required data protection standards and to comply with the law.
This data protection policy ensures that we:
- Comply with data protection law and follow good practice.
- Protects the rights of our staff, customers and partners.
- Are open about how we store and processes individuals’ data.
- Protects us from the risks of a data breach.
To comply with the law, personal information must be collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed unlawfully. As defined by the POPI Act which is underpinned by eight important principles in summary. These say that personal data must:
- Be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Be obtained only for specific, lawful purposes.
- Be adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Be accurate and kept up to date.
- Not be held for any longer than necessary.
- Processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects.
- Be protected in appropriate ways.
- Not be transferred outside the country, unless that country or territory also ensures an adequate level of protection.
MyCreditStats.co.za additionally has strict security policies that meet ISO standards. In summary online we adhere to the following:
- All connections are secured using SSL making communication between your browsers, mobile phone or web services secure end to end.
- Information stored is protected using military grade encryption.
- All systems are actively monitored for suspicious activity and use state of the art firewalls to protect all connections.
- Servers and data storage is in Biometric access controlled secure data centers in 2 geographic locations for redundancy.
- Your password is already hashed before it even leaves your device so it never sent to us at all.
We receive data from the main credit bureaus in “raw data” format, and use such data for purposes of compiling a credit report based thereon under the following conditions:
- These reports are only available to you, and only you will be able to access the report via the secure login access you have created via our website.
- We do not provide historical storage of reports or data and any report requested is only available for a maximum of 72 hours via our system in compliance with national regulations.